New 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye: Possessed by the Demon
New Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye and Its 797-horsepower Supercharged HEMI® Excessive-output Engine Drive 2019 Challenger Lineup
- Dodge launches strongest SRT Hellcat lineup ever
- The brand new 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is probably the most highly effective, quickest and quickest muscle automobile
- Strongest manufacturing V-Eight engine with 797 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft. of torque
- Quickest manufacturing muscle automobile with Zero-60 miles per hour (mph) acceleration of three.Four seconds
- Quickest grand touring (GT) manufacturing automobile with a ¼-mile elapsed time (E.T.) of 10.Eight seconds at 131 mph; and reaches a brand new high pace of 203 mph
- 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat boasts new score of 717 horsepower and 656 lb.-ft. of torque
- A brand new dual-snorkel hood on all Hellcat fashions pays homage to the distinctive Dodge design themes from a few of its most well-known muscle automobiles, together with the 1970 Dart Swinger and 1971 Demon
- Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody options the identical fender flares from SRT Hellcat Widebody, which add three.5 inches to the general width
- R/T Scat Pack Widebody rides on sticky 305/35ZR20 Pirelli tires mounted to 20 x 11-inch cast “Satan’s Rim” aluminum wheels
- All 2019 R/T Scat Pack fashions characteristic the power-bulge aluminum hood with warmth extractors previously featured on the Challenger SRT Hellcat
- Challenger R/T and GT RWD fashions get commonplace high-performance suspension
Auburn Hills, Mich., Jun 28, 2018 – No relaxation for the depraved, certainly.
Dodge continues to push the efficiency envelope in 2019, utilizing its high-performance engine avenue credibility to raise its complete Challenger lineup, introducing probably the most highly effective supercharged SRT Hellcat lineup ever with horsepower output now beginning at 717.
And that’s just the start.
Following a record-setting yr with the introduction of the limited-production Dodge Challenger SRT Demon – the quickest, quickest and strongest muscle automobile ever – Dodge//SRT goes again to its muscle automobile roots by taking its greatest, strongest engine – the supercharged HEMI® Demon V-Eight – and leveraging its monumental energy output to spice up the efficiency of the Hellcat. The consequence: the 797-horsepower 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye.
“With 840 horsepower, a 9.65 quarter-mile time and Guinness World File certification that it’s the primary manufacturing automobile to elevate the wheels at launch, the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon earned its place within the file books,” mentioned Steve Beahm – Head of Passenger Automobiles, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA North America. “The Dodge Brothers could be proud that we’re leveraging the facility and efficiency of this confirmed engine to carry a Demon-possessed Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye to an excellent wider high-performance fanatic viewers.”
Additionally new for 2019, Dodge gives the Widebody Package deal on the Challenger R/T Scat Pack mannequin, which provides three.5 inches to the general width, enhancing dealing with and braking to the naturally aspirated muscle automobile. On the observe, bigger six-piston Brembo entrance brakes, wider wheels and tires, and suspension upgrades featured on the R/T Scat Pack Widebody equate to 2-second sooner lap occasions or roughly 12 automobile lengths at a 2.1-mile street course, in contrast with the non-Widebody Challenger R/T Scat Pack.
Manufacturing of the 2019 Dodge Challenger lineup begins on the Brampton (Ont.) Meeting Plant within the fall of 2018, with autos beginning to arrive in dealerships within the fourth quarter.
Demon engine drives strongest Hellcat lineup ever
Designed and engineered with extra energy to attraction to an excellent broader muscle automobile fanatic viewers, the guts of the brand new 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye comes from its limited-production huge brother – the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. The supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI high-output V-Eight engine is rated at 797 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft. of torque and is mated to a TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automated transmission.
Like its Demon brethren, it has 25 main part upgrades, together with a bigger supercharger, strengthened connecting rods and pistons, high-speed valve practice, gasoline injection system and improved lubrication system.
In contrast with the usual SRT Hellcat engine, the Redeye’s supercharged high-output engine options:
- Largest manufacturing facility supercharger of any manufacturing automobile – 2.7 liters versus 2.Four liters
- Elevated increase strain: 14.5 psi versus 11.6 psi
- Larger rpm restrict: 6,500 rpm versus 6,200 rpm
- Gasoline: Two dual-stage gasoline pumps versus one
- At full throttle, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye’s high-output engine consumes 1.43 gal/min (5.Four liters/min) of gasoline – sufficient to empty the gasoline tank in slightly below 11 minutes, but continues to be rated at 22 miles per gallon (mpg) when pushed in regular freeway circumstances
- Bigger induction air field with three sources of consumption air:
- New dual-snorkel hood
- Driver-side Air Catcher headlamp
- Inlet close to the wheel liner
Further options from the SRT Demon that assist the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye obtain its standing as probably the most highly effective, quickest and quickest muscle automobile:
- Torque Reserve delivers as much as three.9 psi of increase at launch and as much as 55 % extra engine torque
- Solely manufacturing facility manufacturing automobile with each SRT Energy Chiller™ and After-Run Chiller
- Excessive-strength metal prop shafts present a 15 % improve in torque capability
- 41-spline half shafts present a 20 % improve in torque capability
New for 2019, SRT Hellcat Redeye gives two ultimate drive ratios, a normal 2.62:1 or obtainable three.09:1 for enhanced launch functionality.
The 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat lineup delivers improved efficiency numbers, together with a brand new high pace of 203 miles per hours (mph), making the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye probably the most highly effective, quickest and quickest muscle automobile.
|Challenger SRT Fashions||1/Four-mile elapsed time/pace||High Pace|
|Redeye Widebody||10.Eight seconds @ 131 mph||203 mph|
|Hellcat Widebody||10.9 seconds @ 127 mph||195 mph|
|Redeye||11.1 seconds @ 131 mph||203 mph|
|Hellcat||11.2 seconds @ 125 mph||199 mph|
Practical and intimidating exterior design
The newly designed, absolutely useful dual-snorkel hood gives most air consumption to the supercharged powerplant and pays homage to the distinctive design themes from among the most well-known mid-1960s and early-1970s Dodge muscle automobiles, just like the 1970 Dart Swinger and 1971 Demon.
“We designed the SRT Hellcat Challenger’s new dual-snorkel hood to deal with one other key historic Mopar design aspect and pay homage to our previous with a contemporary interpretation that appears much more sinister,” mentioned Mark Trostle – Head of Efficiency, Passenger and Utility Automobile Exterior Design, FCA US LLC. “Every time we design a brand new exterior aspect, we work hand-in-hand with the SRT engineering staff to make sure that every thing we create resonates with SRT DNA, is useful and meets their efficiency objectives.”
Even the twin carbon or gunmetal stripe packages have been skillfully tailor-made to boost the brand new dual-snorkel hood design.
Along with the brand new dual-snorkel hood, the outside of Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye receives enhanced badging exhibiting a sinister purple jewel-like eye design on the Hellcat that jumps off the Midnight Gray Metallic end fender badge. A brand new die-cast SRT emblem on the supercharger housing additionally options the brand new Redeye brand.
Accessible on Challenger SRT Hellcat and R/T Scat Pack fashions for 2019 is the Widebody Package deal first seen on the 2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat. Wider fender flares add three.5 inches to the general width of the automobile leading to a extra muscular, planted stance. The brand new flares are expertly built-in into the physique design with hid attachments to amplify the Challenger SRT Hellcat’s width. The entrance aspect marker lights are styled to stream with the form of the fender flares.
An obtainable new Satin Black spoiler on each SRT Hellcat and R/T Scat Pack fashions is each wider and longer, providing a extra expressive look whereas assembly all SRT efficiency goals.
Normal on 2019 SRT Hellcat fashions are 20 x 9.5-inch SRT Low Gloss Black light-weight efficiency wheels whereas new 20 x 9.5-inch break up five-spoke wheels with Brass Monkey end can be found.
Prospects choosing the Widebody Package deal will get obtainable split-five spoke, 20 x 11-inch “Satan’s Rim” cast aluminum wheels, using on sticky 305/35ZR20 Pirelli P-Zero tires for improved efficiency whereas accentuating the menacing look.
Beating the warmth
Warmth is the enemy of any high-performance powertrain, so Dodge//SRT engineers appeared for extra methods to maintain the consumption air as near the optimum temperature as doable.
One key to the engine’s imposing energy output is air – and loads of it. The brand new, low-restriction, twin snorkel hood is absolutely useful and sealed to the air field.
When mixed with the Air Catcher headlamp and an inlet close to the wheel liner, these three sources give the SRT Hellcat Redeye’s high-output engine an 18 % larger air-flow price than final yr’s SRT Hellcat engine (1,134 cubic toes per minute). At full energy, that is the equal stream price to 89 adults concurrently emptying their lungs in 1 second.
The revised air inlet path on the brand new twin snorkel hood leads to an consumption air temperature discount of Four levels Fahrenheit.
The revolutionary, award-winning SRT Energy Chiller™, commonplace on the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye solely, diverts the air-conditioning refrigerant from the inside cabin to a chiller unit mounted by the low-temperature circuit coolant pump. Cost air coolant, after being cooled by ambient air passing via a low-temperature radiator on the entrance of the automobile, flows via the chiller unit, the place it’s additional cooled. The chilled coolant then flows to the warmth exchangers within the supercharger.
The SRT Energy Chiller™ lowers the consumption air temperature additional on the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye, leading to improved efficiency.
The After-Run Chiller, additionally an trade first, minimizes any warmth soak results, permitting the engine to remain in optimum working temperature. When the engine shuts down, the After-Run Chiller, now commonplace throughout the Challenger SRT Hellcat mannequin lineup in 2019, retains the engine’s cooling fan and low-temperature circuit coolant pump operating to decrease the supercharger/cost air cooler temperature. The driving force can observe the supercharger coolant temperature on the SRT Efficiency Pages within the Eight.Four-inch Uconnect touchscreen and know in actual time when the supercharger is on the optimum temperature for an additional run.
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat lineup: extra horses, expanded applied sciences and extra options
From 717 to 797 horsepower, Dodge is delivering probably the most highly effective Challenger SRT Hellcat lineup ever. Each a guide and automated transmission can be found to deal with the immense horsepower and torque output.
The Challenger SRT Hellcat receives a normal Tremec six-speed guide transmission, whereas the environment friendly TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automated transmission is obtainable.
The Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye’s supercharged high-output engine is paired to the TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automated transmission. Inside adjustments to the transmission embrace an upgraded torque converter that delivers an 18 % improve in torque multiplication in comparison with the usual Challenger SRT Hellcat.
All 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat fashions are loaded with commonplace efficiency options, together with:
- Adaptive Damping Suspension — SRT-tuned Bilstein three-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension system contains: Auto Mode = sporty however compliant journey; Sport Mode = agency, most dealing with; Observe Mode = agency, most dealing with plus efficiency shifting and gear-holding characteristic
- Braking system — braking energy comes from the usual Brembo brake system with two-piece, 15.Four-inch entrance rotors and six-piston entrance calipers for excellent warmth administration, thermal capability and longevity
- Electrical energy steering (EPS) — electrical energy steering delivers higher steering really feel and ease of turning efforts at parking zone speeds. It may be calibrated to optimize steering effort for a wide range of driving conditions by way of settings within the SRT Efficiency Pages
- Launch Help — launched on the Challenger SRT Demon as a factory-production automobile first, Launch Help helps resolve one of many greatest challenges to scrub launches and driveline integrity – wheel hop, which occurs when tires rapidly slip and regain traction at launch, quickly storing up and releasing power within the driveline. These excessive torque spikes can rapidly and severely injury driveline parts, and up till now, the one resolution was to again out of the throttle. The 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat fashions use the wheel pace sensors to look at for indicators that the tires are slipping/sticking. If hop is detected, the engine management module momentarily reduces torque to maximise traction nearly immediately – with out the motive force having to elevate the throttle. Launch Help reduces hundreds within the driveline from wheel hop by as much as 20 %
- Torque Reserve — turns into energetic as soon as the engine pace passes 950 rpm. The system closes the bypass valve, “prefilling” the consumption with increase, manages gasoline stream to cylinders and manages spark timing to steadiness engine rpm and torque
- Launch Management — holds the engine at optimum launch RPM and waits for the motive force to launch the brake. Launch Ccontrol then makes use of engine torque administration to optimize wheel slip for max acceleration. All 2019 Challenger fashions with Launch Management obtain an improved system that will increase maintain time from 5 to 10 seconds for optimum launch and constant straight-line acceleration
- Line Lock — engages the entrance brakes to carry the Challenger stationary however leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to warmth up and clear the rear tires. The system can even let the motive force carry out a managed rolling burnout and may interact for as much as 200 rear wheel revolutions
- Bigger induction air field — with three sources of consumption air: new dual-snorkel hood, driver-side Air Catcher headlamp and inlet close to the wheel liner
- SRT Drive Modes — accessed by way of the Eight.Four-inch Uconnect touchscreen, drivers can tailor their expertise by adjusting horsepower, transmission shift speeds, steering effort, paddle shifters, traction and suspension settings. SRT Drive Modes supply selectable settings for Road (Auto), Sport and Observe. There may be additionally a Customized setting for the motive force to pick out particular person preferences
- SRT Efficiency Pages — carry vital automobile efficiency information to the motive force’s fingertips, together with a real-time dyno graph, g-force warmth map and way more
Additionally obtainable on Challenger SRT Hellcat and R/T Scat Pack is the Rear Seat Delete Group, which permits clients to delete the rear seats, rear seat belts and add a rear cargo web.
Race-inspired, high-performance inside
Refocusing the Hellcat on its efficiency roots, the 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat lineup options commonplace Houndstooth fabric efficiency seats.
Three different seat choices can be found:
- Nappa leather-based/Alcantara with embroidered SRT Hellcat brand (obtainable with Plus Package deal)
- Laguna leather-based with embossed SRT Hellcat brand (obtainable with Laguna Leather-based Package deal)
- Laguna leather-based/Alcantara with embossed SRT Hellcat brand (obtainable with Alcantara Look Package deal)
The SRT Hellcat inside includes a signature leather-wrapped, flat-bottom steering wheel with a backlit SRT brand and paddle shifters. Purple gauges with a 200-mph speedometer flank the 7-inch show display, which options efficiency timers and a Hellcat brand splash display at start-up.
Complementing the race-inspired cockpit are silver seat and console stitching, Gentle Black Chrome accents and a Gunmetal SRT Hellcat instrument panel badge.
The 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye has a number of distinctive inside options, together with:
- 220-mph purple speedometer
- SRT Hellcat Redeye brand splash display
- Gentle Black Chrome instrument panel badge with SRT Hellcat Redeye brand
- SRT Hellcat Redeye brand on the important thing fobs
Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack gives new commonplace hood; Widebody exterior obtainable
The Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack continues to supply probably the most muscle for the greenback within the section with 485 horsepower and a beginning U.S. Producer’s Steered Retail Worth (MSRP) lower than $40,000. Energy comes from the confirmed, naturally aspirated, 392-cubic-inch HEMI V-Eight engine’s best-in-class 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque.
New for 2019, all Challenger R/T Scat Pack fashions get a brand new look, courtesy of the 2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat. The facility-bulge aluminum hood includes a devoted air consumption flanked by dual-air extractors to make sure efficient removing of warmth and decreased air turbulence within the engine compartment. Normal illuminated Air Catcher headlamps feed further air straight into the engine bay.
Additionally new for 2019, R/T Scat Pack consumers can leverage the on-track efficiency capabilities of the SRT Hellcat Widebody.
That includes the identical fender flares from SRT Hellcat Widebody, which add three.5 inches to the general width, the brand new R/T Scat Pack Widebody rides on sticky 305/35ZR20 Pirelli tires mounted to 20 x 11-inch cast “Satan’s Rim” aluminum wheels.
Many high-performance options are actually commonplace on all a Challenger R/T Scat Pack fashions, together with:
- Launch Management
- Launch Help
- Line Lock
- SRT Drive Modes
- SRT Efficiency Pages
The Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody provides:
- SRT-tuned chassis, that includes stiffer entrance springs, retuned shock absorbers and bigger sway bars in each entrance and rear
- SRT-tuned high-performance adaptive damping suspension
- Entrance fascia with built-in splitter optimizes airflow to the cooling modules with out compromising automobile steadiness
- Rear spoiler from the Hellcat helps to ship responsive and balanced dealing with
In consequence, the R/T Scat Pack Widebody delivers its finest on-road and on-track efficiency ever, with an enchancment of near 2 seconds per lap or 12 automobile lengths in contrast with the R/T Scat Pack. In a quarter-mile comparability, the brand new Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody gained .2 seconds – operating 12.1 seconds E.T. at 112 mph.
The Challenger R/T Scat Pack’s very good stopping energy comes from the SRT-engineered Brembo brake system with six-piston entrance and four-piston rear calipers, leading to braking (60-Zero mph) efficiency enhancing to 108 toes (from 111 toes).
Exterior badging on the R/T Scat Pack contains new Scat Pack Bee badges that face ahead on each fenders. Challenger script and R/T logos flank each side of the entrance grille.
Contained in the efficiency inside are entrance seats that characteristic the Scat Pack Bee brand embroidered into the seat backs; new Darkish Dub Plate end on instrument panel and console and new Liquid Titanium accents on the steering wheel, shifter and cluster bezels.
Challenger R/T and GT RWD Fashions Acquire Extra Efficiency
To not be outdone, the 2019 Challenger R/T and new GT rear-wheel-drive (RWD) fashions lengthen their efficiency capabilities with commonplace Tremendous Observe Pak options, together with:
- Efficiency suspension
- Enhanced steering
- 20-inch Granite Crystal painted wheels
- Steering wheel mounted paddle shifters (with automated transmission)
- Efficiency hood and entrance splitter
- Efficiency bolstered fabric Houndstooth seats
Accessible on each the Challenger R/T and GT RWD fashions for 2019 is the Efficiency Dealing with Group, which brings enhanced braking and dealing with capabilities. On GT RWD, the Efficiency Dealing with Group options four-piston Brembo brakes (entrance and rear), wider 20 x 9-inch Black Noise wheels and a bigger rear sway bar for improved driving expertise and decreased understeer.
The Efficiency Dealing with Group on the Challenger R/T provides upgraded springs, sway bars, Bilstein shocks, bushings and mounts, serving to to enhance efficiency and response throughout spirited driving. For the motive force seeking to get much more out of the Challenger R/T mannequin, the brand new Efficiency Plus Package deal provides observe prepared 20 x 9.5-inch cast wheels using on 275/40ZR20 Pirelli P-Zero tires, limited-slip differential and enhanced dealing with steadiness for improved cornering efficiency.
Fourteen completely different distinct Dodge//SRT colours obtainable throughout Challenger lineup
Dodge Challenger clients have a big selection of exterior colours and stripes from which they will select to customise their muscle automobile. Fourteen completely different exterior colours and all kinds of inside trim choices, together with:
- B5 Blue
- Destroyer Gray
- F8 Inexperienced
- Go Mango
- Granite Crystal
- Indigo Blue
- Most Metal
- Octane Purple
- Pitch Black
- Plum Loopy
- Triple Nickel (NEW)
- White Knuckle
- Yellow Jacket
Accessible Inside Colours:
- Black/Ruby Purple
- Demonic Purple
Official Driving Faculty of Dodge//SRT
All clients who purchase a brand new 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat obtain one full-day session of high-performance driving with skilled instruction and time on the observe at Bob Bondurant Faculty of Excessive-performance Driving. The Bob Bondurant Faculty of Excessive Efficiency Driving in Chandler, Arizona, is the Official Excessive Efficiency Driving Faculty of Dodge//SRT. For extra data, go to Dodgegarage.com.